Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Big Changes



Big changes are happening for me and it has been a long time coming.  Anyone who has known me for longer than 10 minutes knows that my lifelong goal is to help design and build theme parks for a living.  A few days ago, I accepted a job with a company called Thinkwell Design and Production that does this very thing.  I start in September and the job is in Burbank (so I won't be moving again).
I will be a Technical Manager, helping take creative designs and figure out how to make them work in the real world.  My first assignment will be working on a new $1.5 billion theme park in China called Monkey Kingdom, but I may also be working on other projects at the same time.  Check out some pictures of Monkey Kingdom here.
I'm excited and terrified.  It's a little intimidating when when your dream for the last 3 decades is suddenly real and sitting right in front of you.  I'm very happy, but part of me still can't believe this is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment