Version 5.3 of the simulation is up and running! Here's what is new:
- The Science scene in the ride is fleshed out a bit. This includes the set, some lighting, and special effects.
- There is some early work on sets and props for the Brand New Show scene.
- I've changed the walking mode so you are not always trapped down in the track pit. The POV is still lower than the ride vehicle but it is a little easier to move around now.
- The Electronic Philharmonic is more detailed in the Image Works now. This includes its music (thanks to E82)!
- The 3 entrances and exits from this scene to the upper lobby are a little clearer now. There are still shots of where you are going in the doorways to make this easier.
- There is now pavilion atmosphere music outside and some MJ goodness in the Captain EO entrance lobby (thanks again, E82).
- I fixed some weird geometry that was causing long dark lines on the sidewalks. I also fixed the invisible dirt in the potted plants and texture issues with the Follow Figment sign upstairs.
- Those stupid exit signs are working now. You'd be amazed what a pain those managed to be (for reasons I don't entirely understand).
- The music gets very out of sync if you use the "skip turntable" function in the ride.
- If you want to see a mildly amusing goof. Check out the EO exit doors from the outside. They're not supposed to be transparent for obvious reasons. Oops.
- There are a few missing and transparent walls in the ride.
WHAT'S NEXT IN 6.0
- Brand New Show scene (and some major technical upgrades) in the Ride
- Bubble Music and Magic Palette (and general architectural additions) in the Image Works
- Proper lobby murals and elevator shaft in the "outside scene"
- In the theater, mostly quality and efficiency upgrades