Version 6 of the web simulation is now live. It was going to be 5.4 but a whole lot has changed, both visible and behind the scenes. Here's what is new:
- Lighting has been added everywhere. It isn't that noticeable outside, but it shows in the ride and theater. I think the new lighting in the Image Works is the most dramatic change though. I'm really pleased with it.
- I have divided up the geometry into smaller pieces everywhere and fixed the "normals". Both of these things should improve the quality of the textures and lighting as well as make future updates easier on me.
- The new elevator cover and lobby murals are in. Yay!
- The weird transparent exit doors from EO no longer look into the void.
- Brand New Show and Laser Ballet are a little more fleshed out.
- The music sync issues should be all better now. Let me know.
- Some transparent and missing walls are fixed.
- I have set up a system to turn scenes on and off as you move through the ride to save processor work load. This still needs to be tweaked and is obvious in a few places. I can't guarantee there won't be weird behavior when walking around.
- This are just got new lighting and a bunch of geometry fixes.
- Bubble Music, Magic Palette, and Rainbow Corridor are updated. Bubble Music has sound too.
- I'll fill this out as bugs become known. Should be any minute now...
What's Next in 6.1
- Dreamport scene in the ride. Finally something not at the end of the ride.
- Light Writer and Lumia in the Image Works.
- In the theater, I'm switching the pre-show to Makin' Memories, removing the HISTA frame around the main screen, and adding the automatic doors on both sides.
- I haven't decided about the Outside scene just yet.