As part of the same nerdy need, I have posted a bunch of "behind the scenes" pictures of the models that make up JBII over on the Facebook page. See that HERE.
And now, the stats (as of Aug 11, 2012)...
The 4 main Sketchup models for JBII (outside, ride, theater, image works) consist of the following:
- 1,242,274 lines
- 510,694 faces (individual flat surfaces)
- 185 components (how the models are exported in pieces)
- 378 colors or textures
The actual numbers are a lot higher because this doesn't account for repeated (or instanced) components or any of the parts that are directly created in Unity 3D instead of Sketchup.
- 1 year, 5 months, and 22 days of progress
But of course, I didn't work on it every day. :-)
The actual simulation is built in a program called Unity 3D. This project currently consists of:
- 20,892 files (many of these are support files that you never see)
- 1,153 folders
My research, reference and archive materials consist of an additional:
- 3,549 files (which still don't include good blueprints of the ride scenes)
- 873 folders (I'm a little obsessive about documentation)
Yep, I'm that kind of nerd...