As I tend to do when I have nobody instructing me otherwise, I changed my mind about what I was going to work on for this next version. But I added a bunch of stuff so I hope it's all good. Version 6.2 is now up and running. Here's what is new:
- There is a pop-up map if you get lost. It also shows you the "portals" to other scenes. Just press "M". (Thank you, Martin).
- Jumping fountains!!! The timing is not really there yet but I'll tweak that at some point. For now, just watch your head or you might get wet.
- The pop-jet fountains and rotating Figment bush are working too. Yes, I know Fig looks a bit like a duck. I'll put more effort into him later when I start doing animatronics.
- The ride lobby doors closest to the theater are now windows (as is more time period appropriate. However, you can still walk through them for convenience.
- I put a little bit of cloud reflection in the glass surfaces for an extra layer of realism.
- Finally, the employee exit gate is in with some extra landscaping and a surprise inside. (Thank you, Ron).
- I skipped the 2nd half of Dreamport and did 3 other scenes instead. There are now more elements in the Arts, Literature and Finale scenes.
- The Arts / White Room has a few elements in it including a spinning turntable. I think it might be moving backwards but I'll work that out when the animals are on board.
- An updated Organ and the Cat / Bat blocks are in Literature.
- The Star Tunnel now leads you into the Finale.
- The ambient light has been turned off in here in order to better control what you see and don't see. As a result, your vehicle will appear completely black at least for now. The floor is still a charcoal color for navigation while testing. Eventually, it will also be black so the full effect is correct.
- I didn't do anything really. I only fixed it so you can't fall through the movie screen anymore. (Thank you, Bob).
- This scene also has a pop-up map since it is easy to get lost in here. Just press "M". (Thank you, April).
- I didn't add any sound to Stepping Tones yet. Anyone have any info on which sounds were where?
- The missing passages are now behind the Digital Wall. One leads into Lumia and the other into Stepping Tones.
- Lumia has special FX now!
- I put in placeholders for the Vibrating Mirrors room. Since there is nothing to actually reflect, I added some nostalgic images to check out.
I'm not going to predict my next moves yet. Clearly, I didn't fully follow them this time anyway. I'll let you know as I figure out what is next. Thanks for visiting.